Re: Microsoft Still Throws Dirt at GNU/Linux with Silverlight, Popfly

____/ Linonut on Friday 04 January 2008 12:48 : \____

> * Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:
>
>> ____/ Rex Ballard on Thursday 03 January 2008 23:18 : \____
>>
>>> Back in 1997, Microsoft could convince web publishers to use ActiveX
>>> controls, which could only be run on Internet Explorer, because those
>>> who warned of security flaws, extremely high security and virus risks
>>> were ignored.   They even provided working examples of how to do
>>> everything from suck every file out of a computer, to completely
>>> shredding a hard drive to the point where it can't even be
>>> reformatted, were ignored.  They were even slapped with court ordered
>>> injunctions to cease and desist publishing this information, because
>>> it "damaged the Microsoft Brand".
>>
>> I think you may wish to see fragments of this letter to the DoJ:
>>

>> [...]
>>
>> I know Microsoft, and I know my industry. I thoroughly comprehend how
>> Microsoft's products, agendas, and conduct have shaped and defined
>> computing as we know it today. I have friends and colleagues who work
>> at Microsoft, and I have others who work with its current partners,
>> its former partners, and its direct competitors. Having read Judge
>> Thomas Penfield Jackson's Findings of Fact in the civil matter as
>> rendered 5 November 1999, and having shared my opinions at length with
>> others directly affected by those Findings since that time, I can
>> state without hesitation that there is nothing in those Findings to
>> which I take exception, or about which I personally can find any
>> reason to disagree.  . . .
>> the Findings of Fact, as well as the other evidence in the case before
>> the District Court, uphold a quintessential truth whose importance
>> transcends any scrutiny of judicial misconduct: Microsoft's conduct as
>> a corporation and a manufacturer of computing products, is predicated
>> upon an internal policy of deception, which includes deceiving
>> customers, deceiving competitors, deceiving partners, deceiving its
>> own vendors, and at some level, deceiving its own staff.
>
> That guy is obviously biased! I can just see DFS stepping in with his
> reality-denial, and amiscum claiming that it is all sour grapes.

He writes many articles (even today). He is absolutely shocked to see the
behaviour of the company on which he has relied on for decades (and made money
thanks to its frameworks, which he  wrote books about). Do you want me to post
the message in full? it's quite long. See the text in msg-id:

   <3519292.iX0u3Gqel9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (it's not public material, I think)

Roy S. Schestowitz      | You can never get nine women to deliver a baby in a
month
 13:00:01 up 25 days,  1:48,  4 users,  load average: 1.22, 2.24, 2.37