Re: [News] [Rival] Seattle (Washington) Has Computer Issues

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 02 January 2008 15:28 : \____

>> Computer Glitch Halts Seattle New Year's Fireworks
> [..]
>> Was it a Mac or a PC running the fireworks?
>
> s/running/ruining
>
> Must have been one of those damp squibs I keep hearing so much about.
>
> This is what one should expect, if one is stupid enough to rely on
> Windows for anything ... nothing but one damp squib after another.

The Inquirer seems to confirm that it was Windows.

Well, it could have been worse. The fireworks could have been launched at the
ground because of Windows. Back in new year's of 2003 I got hit at head by
some big flares after some idiot at Town Hall launched fireworks off his arms
(before getting cuffed by the police).

Oh, speaking of bad Windows crashes...

London Stock Exchange blames outage on Infolect

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cio.co.uk/concern/security/news/index.cfm?articleid=2248&pagtype=allchantopdate

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/04/diebold_vote_da.html

,----[ Quote ]
| "Nineteen machines had 21 screen freezes or system crashes, producing a
| blue screen and messages about an "illegal operation" or a "fatal
| exception error."
|
| "Especially with this blue-screen problem, you don't know whether it's
| the printer drivers, you don't know whether it's Diebold's own code or
| whether it's Windows,"
`----

http://www.verifiedvotingfoundation.org/article.php?id=6257

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom