[News] New Linux and Free Software Events

  • Subject: [News] New Linux and Free Software Events
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:21:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
First technology seminar is held

,----[ Quote ]
| The first of what organizers hope will be a long series of free technology
| seminars was held Saturday at Coffee Fusion and Tea Company.
|
| Despite the cold temperature, some 40 area residents headed to the business
| along West Fifth Street for a presentation on the merits of free, open source
| software.
`----

http://www.reviewonline.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=12035

More Linux events on their way:

Put the Linux.conf.au Open Day on your calendar

,----[ Quote ]
| Previous Open Days have showcased some pretty impressive homebrew tech
| experiments and gadgets. Last year Australia got it's first hands on look at
| the OLPC computer at Open Day, and I heard that Linus Torvalds was spotted
| puttering around on an open source Segway - I don't think you can get any
| more nerdy if you tried.
`----

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/tips/2008/01/20/put_the_linuxconfau_open_day_o.html

2008 Associate Members Meeting

,----[ Quote ]
| Come join the Free Software Foundation leadership and staff for a day of
| presentations and conversations!
`----

http://www.archivum.info/info-fsf@xxxxxxx/2008-01/msg00000.html

There are many more on the way, including SCALE and a variety of Linux/FS
events worldwide.