[News] Linux Eee PCs to Have Touch Screens, Win More Fans

  • Subject: [News] Linux Eee PCs to Have Touch Screens, Win More Fans
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:05:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Touch panel component makers sampling for future Eee PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| The 9-inch touch panel-equipped Eee PCs will adopt four-wire resistive touch
| screen technology. The expected bill of materials (BOM) to add touch panel
| functions is under US$15 , the sources said.
`----

http://lovesanocean.blogspot.com/2008/01/touch-panel-for-asus-eee-pc.html

Another go at the great review from Daniel Sorid:

Good things come in small packages

,----[ Quote ]
| Doesn't Taiwanese computer parts maker Asus know you don't just go selling
| notebook computers for $400?
`----

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080120/BUSINESS/801200357/1003/BUSINESS

ASUS EeePC review: Why it was love at first sight

,----[ Quote ]
| I like clever things, and the EeePC is one of the few computer products of
| recent times that has struck me as being particularly clever. It is well
| thought out, well designed, and offers outstanding value for money.
|
| [...]
|
| I have to say that I’ve been skeptical about Linux, but if the EeePc is an
| example of the clever kind of products we can expect to see, I say bring on
| the post Windows era, post-haste.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure
%20/2008/01/20/asus-eeepc-review-why-it-was-love-at-first-sight/

Related and recent:

Continued Impressions of Ubuntu 7.10 on the EeePC

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2008/01/18/continued-impressions-of-ubuntu-710-on-the-eeepc/