[News] OpenOffice.org 3 Comes in September, More ODF Comes to Macs

  • Subject: [News] OpenOffice.org 3 Comes in September, More ODF Comes to Macs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 03:36:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
OpenOffice 3 Coming Soon

,----[ Quote ]
| • release candidate for all languages: July 25th, 2008, begin of TCM testing
| • Product release: September 2nd, 2008 or OOoCon 2008 mid
| September.008-01-13/
`----

http://youtux.mybloges.com/2008/01/19/openoffice-3-coming-soon/

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease30

IBM, Apple Team to Take on Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM will release Lotus Notes and its Lotus Symphony productivity package, a
| free alternative to the documents and other software in Microsoft Office, for
| Apple’s Macintosh computers.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Messaging-and-Collaboration/IBM-Apple-Team-to-Take-on-Microsoft/

Related:

OpenOffice.Org 3.0 feature list

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenOffice.org Conference (OOoCon 2007) is taking place this week. Among the
| first information available is a talk about the future of OOorg.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/09/21/openofficeorg-30-feature-list/

Leopard to Natively Support ODF

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenDocument took another step away from obscurity Tuesday, as Apple
| confirmed that Mac OS X version 10.5 -- known as "Leopard" -- will natively
| support ODF files, alongside Microsoft's Word 2007 formats. Apple had
| previously added support for the format in its Pages word processing

| application.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Leopard_to_Natively_Support_ODF/1192634927

Mac OS X version of OpenOffice slated for next September

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9037498

,----[ Quote ]