Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 19 January 2008 08:43 : \____

> Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:26:21 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
>>

>>> The worst bit was the DG actually lying about the capabilities of the
>>> Silverlight/iPlayer to an MP.
>>

>> I'm a big fan of the parliamentary system -- but I suppose there will be
>> no shouting matches over this :(
>>

> It's a really good question as to where this will go next.  It might be
> that the MP's committee was enough pressure on the DG to force
> resolution of the issues; and there is some evidence that this is so.
> The newest recruit into the ex-Microsoft's Mr Huggers' department is an
> Apache programmer and free software person, so there is clearly an
> intent to clean things up a little.  I suspect that this was the price
> for Mr Huggers to keep his job.

It's actually the Groklaw readership which caught this recruitment nugget and
had it publicised. It's far from over. Expect some BBC grilling in Groklaw
very shortly. The next SCO?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | GNU is Not Universal (begin recursion)
 18:00:01 up 1 day,  3:40,  3 users,  load average: 1.05, 1.18, 1.34