Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam

____/ Kier on Saturday 19 January 2008 18:08 : \____

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:01:41 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 19 January 2008 08:43 : \____
>>
>>> Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It's a really good question as to where this will go next.  It might be
>>> that the MP's committee was enough pressure on the DG to force
>>> resolution of the issues; and there is some evidence that this is so.
>>> The newest recruit into the ex-Microsoft's Mr Huggers' department is an
>>> Apache programmer and free software person, so there is clearly an
>>> intent to clean things up a little.  I suspect that this was the price
>>> for Mr Huggers to keep his job.
>>
>> It's actually the Groklaw readership which caught this recruitment nugget
>> and had it publicised. It's far from over. Expect some BBC grilling in
>> Groklaw very shortly. The next SCO?
>
> Don't be idiotic.

I was joking. Bad humours, I'll admit...

Unisys: open source software set to have a similar impact as the Internet
 18:20:01 up 1 day,  4:00,  3 users,  load average: 0.60, 0.72, 0.99