[News] Students in Vietnamese School Use Linux, Ubuntu Classes Offered

  • Subject: [News] Students in Vietnamese School Use Linux, Ubuntu Classes Offered
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:25:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
My Vietnamese Students used PC-BSD

,----[ Quote ]
| Most of them were successful though all preferred doing their projects in
| Linux, that is what they told me. The bash shell in PCLinuxOS, according to
| them, was easier since it told them which directory they were in. In short,
| they got used to seeing $ /usr/home/guest/Desktop in PCLinuxOS while in
| PC-BSD, they only saw $. pwd I kept telling them :)
`----

http://www.saigonnezumi.com/?p=539

SC4 to offer Linux software classes

,----[ Quote ]
| This class gives students the tools and skills needed to install and use
| Ubuntu Linux.
`----

http://www.thetimesherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080118/NEIGHBORHOODS01/801180336

Related:

Students using PCLinuxOS in Vietnam

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally, I decided to test PCLinuxOS with my students. Wow, amazing. Finally
| a Linux distro that the majority of my students actually liked using. It ran
| faster than any of the other Linux distros they tried and easily connected to
| the internet from inside the school (they like to read Yahoo 360 blogs in
| class). They figured out how to use Konquerer to browse around the different
| directories in their laptops without me even telling them. As with Macbooks,
| the Desktop GUI was easy to learn. Thus, I decided to use PCLinuxOS.
`----

http://www.saigonnezumi.com/?p=516

The Haven for Linux

,----[ Quote ]