[News] Zenwalk 5.0 is Out, Finalised

Releases : Zenwalk 5.0 has been released !

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the conception of Zenwalk the decision was made to focus on simplicity
| and optimum performance. You will be happy to learn that Zenwalk 5.0 even
| while being a major release continues to follow those very same principles.
`----

http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=71

Quote for the day:

"Microsoft did sponsor the benchmark testing and the NT server was better tuned
than the Linux one. Having said that, I must say that I still trust the
Windows NT server would have outperformed the Linux one."

                --Ian Hatton, Windows platform manager, Microsoft South-Africa

Reference: Outrage at Microsoft’s independent, yet sponsored NT
                                                4.0/Linux research

Related:

Zenwalk 5: A Distribution Worth Trying

,----[ Quote ]
| After using Zenwalk 5.0 Beta quite a bit since its release, we haven't hit
| any show-stopping bugs and have found these improvements to be quite modest.
| If you are new to Linux or just looking to try out a different distribution,
| we feel that Zenwalk 5.0 is a great lightweight Linux desktop worth trying
| out.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=954&num=1

First Look at Zenwalk Linux 5.0-Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Zenwalk is a Slackware-based Linux distribution designed to be slim, fast,
| complete and beautiful. It provides the latest stable versions for the
| included software and it’s optimized for high performance. It’s not bloated
| like most other distributions as it only provides one application for each
| task, but at the same time, it’s ready for common daily tasks out-of-the-box.
`----

http://www.linuxlove.org/2007/12/28/first-look-at-zenwalk-linux-50-beta/

Review: Zenwalk 4.8 - Does Easier Mean Easy?

,----[ Quote ]
| Hey folks sorry for the delay, I seem to say that at the start of every
| article but the festive season has caused havoc lately. Anyway, I've been
| running Zenwalk 4.8 almost a week now and it did give some me more time to
| get a feel for it. I'd been told it was Slackware without the hassle, I'd
| even been told it was good for new users. Could this be true? Here's how I
| got on in my week with Zenwalk...
`----

http://adventuresinopensource.blogspot.com/2007/12/review-zenwalk-48-does-easier-mean-easy.html

Zenwalk Live 4.8

,----[ Quote ]
| One of my favorites, ZenWalk, just released Zenwalk 4.8 Live. Both Zenwalk
| and Vector — the top Xfce-based, Slackware-derived distributions — are very
| good, but I like the way Zenwalk looks and works just that much better.
`----

http://thectrlfreak.wordpress.com/2007/11/19/zenwalk-live-48/

Zenwalk Live 4.8 Released!

,----[ Quote ]
| With great joy the Zenwalk Live Team presents Zenwalk Live 4.8. This new
| release features the speed, stability and usability of Zenwalk Gnu/Linux with
| several new features geared towards Linux Live CD users. From the beginning
| our goal was to make this the best Live CD ever and it makes us proud to
| offer it to the world.
`----

http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=67

Zenwalk 4.8 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I am just in love with xfce based distributions; they are fast, simple and
| elegant and Zenwalk is no exception. It has a really good control center and
| out-of-box multimedia support.
`----

http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/11/zenwalk-48-review.html

Releases : Zenwalk 4.8 is ready

,----[ Quote ]
| The Zenwalk Team is happy to announce the Zenwalk 4.8 release.
|
| After several release-candidates, it seems that we are ready for a very
| stable release. Overall, testers have found Zenwalk 4.8 the fastest version
| ever.
`----

http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=62

ReviewLinux.Com: Zenwalk 4.8 Review