Re: [News] Erik 'Microsoft' Huggers Hires Open Source Expert for MSBBC

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:13:20 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> A spot-on analysis of brown-necking Blair.  It is very much time to
> strengthen our ties with the EU, and put some clear blue water between
> the foreign policies of the UK and the US.  The US has lead us into a
> series of disastrous and unwinnable conflicts since the end of WWII.
> Using "terrorism" as an excuse to reduce rights is not appropriate in
> any way.

And you would be a pile of rubble, and speaking German BTW, if it had not
been for the USA.

> Here's how stupid things have become.  On a recent trip (Dallas?), I
> arrived at Gatwick, but had forgotten to put my plane toiletries into a
> bag (shaving oil & toothpaste), but believed that I had.  Result?  The
> security chap said he'd have to confiscate them, *but*, if they'd been
> in a resealable clear plastic bag (as I'd thought that they were), then
> he wouldn't have had to confiscate them.

It's known as rules and regulations.
Why?
Look up terrorism, sneaking explosives on planes etc and you will have your
answer.
Learn to listen to authority and BTW as a VERY frequent traveler, I *do*
sympathize with you, however the regulations are plainly posted 8 zillion
times in the airport for you to read while you are standing in line. I
doun't know about UK, but in USA they have huge plasma screens showing you
how to do it, and they are all over the place.

Guess you weren't in the subways in London last year....

> Now, how on earth does the presence of a clear plastic bag, weight < 5
> grammes, make me not a terrorist?  It's truly absurd.  Still, I shrugged
> my shoulders, went to boots and bought some more when I was on the
> international side of the airport.  So, it's even more silly - as soon
> as I've had it confiscated, I buy some more...

You show your ignorance.....
As well as your arrogance.

Hopefully you are never on a plane where Mr. Singh managed to get 7oz of
semtex aboard in a shaving kit.