Re: [News] Erik 'Microsoft' Huggers Hires Open Source Expert for MSBBC

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 18 January 2008 10:29 : \____

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2008/01_january/17/gulik.shtml

>> Erik Huggers defended Microsoft's abuses with Windows Media Player before
>> joining the BBC (now known as MSBBC). They seem to be trying to hide what
>> has really happened, which put their jobs in jeopardy.
>>
>> Quote for the day:
>>
>> "I am convinced we have to use Windows ? this is the one thing they don?t
>> have. We have to be competitive with features, but we need something more ?
>> Windows integration."
>>
>>                                 --Jim Allchin, Microsoft
>
> I think we can claim a massive victory here.  The ex-Microsoft Mr
> Huggers spent over £100 millions with Microsoft for something which
> didn't work, the flash version was developed in weeks on a tiny budget,
> and the BBC has begun to recruit open-source people into Mr Hugger's
> area.  Presumably this is how he's trying to keep his job...

I've just seen a report claiming that they consider Neuros as a set-top box (it
plays Flash/YouTube). Just a publicity stunt? Ashley's photo was attached to
it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
Tasks: 107 total,   2 running, 104 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie