Re: [News] How Software Patent Ruin Good Software (and Games)

Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:

> How could /any/ patent officer even consider these claims?
> Football has been around for rather longer than computers.

But more than just the basic concept, it's the principle that anyone
should be allowed to create an Intellectual Monopoly based on nothing
more than the location of pixels on a damned screen. It's utterly
ludicrous. What kind of nutcases do they have working at the US patent
office?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 13:48:12 up 28 days, 11:24,  3 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.05, 0.07