Re: The Microsoft CIO was fired because...

____/ Ramon F Herrera on Friday 18 January 2008 02:23 : \____

> On Jan 17, 10:16 pm, Ramon F Herrera <ra...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Scott fills a position open since November, when Microsoft fired
>> previous CIO Stuart Scott for violating company policies. The company
>> did not disclose which policies those were."
>>
>> I wonder whether recommending Linux for the server room would be
>> considered a violation of MS company policies.
>>
>> http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9852835-7.html
>>
>> -Ramon
>

> "Scott comes to Microsoft from Walt Disney, where he led a major IT
> infrastructure upgrade. Before that, he was chief technology officer
> at General Motors and vice president of operations at Bristol-Myers
> Squibb."
>
> Let's take a look at what OS is used by those respected companies' web
> sites, shall we?:
>
> http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.disney.com
>
> http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.gm.com
>
> http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.bms.com
>
> Hopefully they are not going to fire the new guy when he arrives to
> the inescapable conclusion that the only way to run successful data
> centers is by "violating company policy".
>
> -Ramon

Oops. I've just posted a dupe accidentally. I tried to find clues, but it's
hard. My guess is that it's more to do with corruption than actual (fairly
humorous) speculation that involves love for Linux. Once source suggested that
he harassed women in the company, but there's no confirmation of this, so it
could just a rumour. You know, kind of like CA's Senator groping random
women... what was he name again, McBain?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
Cpu(s): 25.0%us,  4.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.9%id,  3.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st