Re: [News] More Linux Devices, Even in the Car

alt wrote:

< snip >

>> There is at least one recent survey which proved closed embedded systems
>> get replaces by open ones.
>
> Sometimes it goes the other way. Linksys moved their WRT54G product from
> Linux to Wind River (I think) after they were forced to release the GPL'd
> software.

No, they did it because they needed a little less RAM then. But it seems it
was a bad decision, since the WRT54G is reported to be unreliable.

Later they brought the WRT54GL version, which was (again) running linux

--
"The number of Unix installations has grown to ten, with more expected"
                -- The Unix programmers handbook, 1972