Re: Macs Eat Windows, Leave Door Open for Linux

Verily I say unto thee, that Peter Köhlmann spake thusly:
> [H]omer wrote:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:

>>> [Apple] have become the Bang and Olufsen of the computing and
>>> music-player markets.
>>
>> Great analogy.
>
> Yes. B&O is known for good looks. And little else Certainly not best
> technology

That's exactly what I mean.

I've been an audiophile for years, and I remember back in the day when
B&O buyers were a laughing stock. B&O was all hype, for expensive gear
with no substance. It was perceived by such people as "chic", but then
the audio quality was little more than mediocre, compared to similarly
priced systems.

Personally, I always thought that even the /look/ was a bit cheesy.

What their equipment is like today I have no idea. I haven't looked at
B&O gear since the 1980's. Are they even still in existence?

Hmm. Just found their ASP powered Web site.

'Nuff said.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 15:57:11 up 27 days, 13:33,  3 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.23, 0.16