Re: Macs Eat Windows, Leave Door Open for Linux

On Jan 16, 5:36 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Mac sales up over 40 percent year-over-year
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Apple later this month is expected to announce fiscal first quarter revenues
> | of nearly $10 billion for the three-month period ending December, fueled
> | largely by the ongoing resurgence of the company's personal computer
> | business, according to one Wall Street analyst.
> `----
>
> http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/01/14/mac_sales_up_over_40_pe...

This is one of the biggest tech news items for 2007, and it's not good
for Windows.  While Vista has been bombing, Apple has been red hot,
with consumer electronics reinforcing computer sales.  Also, these are
high end systems, with high profit margin (this explains why Apple has
something like 50% of the sales of Microsoft but only 6% or now 8% of
the market.  These figures are my rough recollections, I don't claim
that they're exactly right, but the general relationships are as I
have stated them.)  Of course Microsoft doesn't sell hardware, so they
don't make anything extra from high end systems, on the desktop, I
mean, just the usual Windows license.

Plus Apple's been making mountains of cash from consumer electronics,
and now has a huge bankroll, all the better for competing with
Microsoft.

Amazing, considering how down and out Apple was 8 years ago or so.

The Ray Lopez troll was boasting about how great Microsoft stock has
been.  He's a fool, he should have sold it all and invested in
Apple.   Or if not Apple, at least Google, which has also beaten
Microsoft handily.

Microsoft is up, too, in the last year, but not a lot, at least
compared to Apple and Google.  Also, Apple has been consistently up
for the last 3 years, while Microsoft has been fairly flat.