Re: [Rival] Microsoft Gets Mathematics Wrong (Again)

On Jan 16, 6:43 am, "[H]omer" <s...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Trouble In Microsoft World Over Calculator
>
> Good grief ... they can't even get *Calculator* right.
>
> They must have hired their maths engineers from Intel.

Yeah, I remember that math bug in the Intel chip, must have been 95 or
so.  Turns out I had a system with that bug in it.  I called Intel and
the lady tried to tell me that the bug would only affect very
complicated, abstruse calculations, and that ordinary users would
never see the difference.  I told her that I didn't want chips with
bugs in them.  Actually, all I do are very complicated, abstruse
calculations.  Anyway, they sent me a replacement.

Reminds me of Microsoft's troubles with the Xbox.  No, that's no
right, the Intel bug required a slip-up in some sophisticated quality
control.  The Microsoft troubles with Xbox simply required no quality
control at all.