[News] Linux Takes Over Cheap Hardware

Cheap hardware loves Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I have Wolvix using a separate /home partition but not Debian. I might change
| that in the weeks ahead and see if they can share /home. I still can use
| Puppy 3.00 as a live CD -- I have a pup_save on the Debian partition. For me,
| this is total, complete stability, the likes of which I haven't seen in the
| past year.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2008/01/cheap_hardware_loves_linux.html

There won't be any more affordable devices running Windows if XP is phased out.
Almost every low-end PC is just running Linux. On the high-end, Macs already
sell /better/ than Windows in Japan. How quickly things have changed.

Related:

A sleek introduction of $299 laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Asus Technology will unveil a $299 version of the Eee PC, a 2-pound
| laptop that stores data on flash memory, not a hard drive, and runs Linux,
| the open-source operating system, rather than Windows or the Mac OS.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/14/BU4QTSTAN.DTL

The Zonbox: Small, quiet, solid state Linux computing

,----[ Quote ]
| Zonbox is also very environmentally friendly. In their words: With
| Zonbu, green doesn’t have to make you blue! With its efficient ultra
| low power design, Zonbu delivers the power of a traditional desktop
| computer but uses just a fraction of the energy.
`----

http://www.arsgeek.com/?p=1949

Gizmodo get their hands on Zonbu's remote-storage Linux PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Gizmodo have been playing with a halfway solution, Zonbu?s $99
| Linux PC, which runs open-source software on a fanless 1.2MHz
| platform but utilises Amazon?s S3 storage servers to save your files.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/gizmodo-get-their-hands-on-zonbus-remote-storage-linux-pc-235408.php

Zonbu to Roll Out $99 Linux-Based Computer This Summer

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cheap-pc/zonbu-to-roll-out-99-linux+based-computer-this-summer-258177.php