Re: [News] [Rival] Intel's CEO Does Damage Control After Assaulting a Charity, Spreads FUD

> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 16 January 2008 08:03 : \____

>>> Paul Otellini tells Intel staff about the OLPC affair
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>

> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/01/15/paul-otellini-tells-intel
>>>
>>> Paul Otellini is apparently quite a scummy man who deletes evidence of his
>>> business crimes (see below).
>>
>> The spin is palpable.  I note he mentions nothing of Intel trying to
>> influence governments away from OLPC, nor anything about the inability
>> of Intel to provide hardware with sufficiently low power requirements.
>>
>> I doubt his workforce are so easily fooled, however.
>
> My brother-in-law works for them. He is just very obedient. An top Intel man
> jumped that ship recently and I wonder if we'll see more after all those
> destructed E-mails (criminal evidence, one would assume). Microsoft already
> has an image problem. Intel deserves one too. I recently read about how
> successful Intel has been in terms of marketing and retaining a strong image,
> despite so much shady stuff (going back to retaliation tactics and threats in
> the 90s). Remember the motto of the company's founder.

Intel have as much to lose from Microsoft's collapse as Microsoft have,
or almost, anyway.  I expect that there will be tough times there, at
least, until things are restabilised.  It would appear that they have
developed a similar bullying culture to Microsoft's, though.