Re: [News] BECTA Wants ODF While Microsoft Bribes to 'Kill' ODF

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 15 January 2008 09:44 : \____

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/01/10/becta-promises-to-do-more-to-promote-open-source-in-uk-schools/

> Why on earth don't Becta just mandate ODF through oo.org, gnome office,
> kde office or some other free software solution?
>
> This is hardly rocket science.

Rocking the procurement boat, as Andy Updegrove recently put it, can cost some
jobs. Shillcosystem, remember? Good ol boyz club. Friends covers another
friend's back... or wallet.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
Tasks: 160 total,   1 running, 159 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie