Re: [News] [Rival] The Nicholas Negroponte Smear Campaign and Microsoft/Intel AstroTurfers

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 04:24:58 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:09:37 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> One Laptop Per Child will succeed even if it "fails"
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Some of the anti-OLPC notes that have appeared since Intel was kicked out of
>>| the project have been well-reasoned (read the Economist's near-obituary and
>>| Nikolaj Nyholm on Radar) -- but much of the anti-OLPC opining has
>>| deteriorated to personal attack on OLPC head Nicholas Negroponte. At least
>>| one of those sources of attack has turned out to be run by an Intel employee.
>>| There are plenty of forces that want OLPC to fail commercially.
>> `----
>>
>> http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2008/01/dont_bury_one_l.html
>>
>> Meanwhile, Microsoft seems to be using Fool (MSN Network) not only to praise
>> itself, but also to attack Google. New exampes:
>>
>> Banned by Google
>
> The project was stillborn because Negroponte didn't figure into the
> equation that people like to make money.
> It's all about money and until you Linux fools figure that out you will
> fail time and time again.

You are the fool. Nothing in Linux precludes you from making money - it's
*how* you make it that is different.

> The OLPC was a POS.

NO, it was not, and is not, a 'POS'. It does exactly what it was designed
to do, and it does it extremely well.

> Crank power?
> Ok so the juice was variable in the target market. Fair enough.

If it's fair enough, why mention it?

> I suppose they had Internet access points powered by people pedaling
> bicycles all over the place then?

It's designed as a mesh, hooking up with other OLPC devices.

> The entire concept was so unbelievable that I actually won a $100 bet on
> it.

Liar. The concept *works*, and is still working. YOu had better give that
money back.

> The bloke couldn't believe a crank up PC.
> He lost. I won.

Then you *did* believe ii. If the concept is so crappy, what does that
make you?

> As for Google being biased you are certainly a paranoid freak.
> Google has piles of info on you Roy Schestowitz.
> You show up all over the place, but that's what you want now isn't it?

Nothing like giving yourself away, eh, flatty? YOu can't hide your
obsessions, can you? Going to tell us what Roy's 'secret plan' is, are you?

> Are you planning a boycott Google site now?
> Hell, it will take them a decade to remove your name from the databases.
> You're linked to everything from mating with barnyard animals to
> transgender self surgery.

Yes - dishonestly, by filth like you posting TOTALLY untrue and utterly
disgusting rubbish. YOu seem to have no shame whatever.

> Kind of sick IMHO but you rape, err, reap, what you sow.

Yes, you are very, very sick and quite beyond any redemption. How do you
sleep at night?

--
Kier