Re: [News] [Rival] The Nicholas Negroponte Smear Campaign and Microsoft/Intel AstroTurfers

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] The Nicholas Negroponte Smear Campaign and Microsoft/Intel AstroTurfers
  • From: Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 04:24:58 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:09:37 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> One Laptop Per Child will succeed even if it "fails"
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Some of the anti-OLPC notes that have appeared since Intel was kicked out of
>| the project have been well-reasoned (read the Economist's near-obituary and
>| Nikolaj Nyholm on Radar) -- but much of the anti-OLPC opining has
>| deteriorated to personal attack on OLPC head Nicholas Negroponte. At least
>| one of those sources of attack has turned out to be run by an Intel employee.
>| There are plenty of forces that want OLPC to fail commercially.
> `----
>
> http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2008/01/dont_bury_one_l.html
>
> Meanwhile, Microsoft seems to be using Fool (MSN Network) not only to praise
> itself, but also to attack Google. New exampes:
>
> Banned by Google

The project was stillborn because Negroponte didn't figure into the
equation that people like to make money.
It's all about money and until you Linux fools figure that out you will
fail time and time again.
The OLPC was a POS.
Crank power?
Ok so the juice was variable in the target market. Fair enough.
I suppose they had Internet access points powered by people pedaling
bicycles all over the place then?
The entire concept was so unbelievable that I actually won a $100 bet on
it.
The bloke couldn't believe a crank up PC.
He lost. I won.

As for Google being biased you are certainly a paranoid freak.
Google has piles of info on you Roy Schestowitz.
You show up all over the place, but that's what you want now isn't it?
Are you planning a boycott Google site now?
Hell, it will take them a decade to remove your name from the databases.
You're linked to everything from mating with barnyard animals to
transgender self surgery.
Kind of sick IMHO but you rape, err, reap, what you sow.