[News] KDE 4 Impresses, Visual Differences in Detail

  • Subject: [News] KDE 4 Impresses, Visual Differences in Detail
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 05:18:30 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
As if I knew it

,----[ Quote ]
| People around the world are cheering up and joy-dancing about the release of
| KDE4. The Indian EFYtimes for instance said something like:
|
|     “Goodbye Vista, KDE 4.0 Has Arrived!“
|
| That was both foreseeable and inevitable. Although I mostly use the Gnome
| desktop, I know how sleek and well-integrated the other big alternative is.
| The real advantage of free and open source software shows up here: it’s
| choice.
`----

http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=557

The contrast between 3.5.x and 4.0:

KDE 4 vs KDE 3.5: KMix - Volume Control

,----[ Quote ]
| I wanted to show the sheer number of KMix channels offered with KDE 4, that
| of compared with KDE 3.5 … wow … I am quite sure I wont be needing all of
| them … perhaps professional musicians will find it usefull. When I launched
| it the first time, only the first 6 channles were enabled, but then I decided
| to see how many were there available. All this is with my Creative Audigy 2
| ZS sound card.
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2008/01/13/kde-4-vs-kde-35-kmix-volume-control/

Related:

KDE 4 Brings Improvements Galore to the Linux Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| The next generation of KDE, the popular Linux desktop environment, has
| arrived. KDE 4.0 features a completely re-written core with new multimedia
| libraries, better hardware abstraction and
| desktop eye candy that puts Windows Vista to shame.

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/01/kde-4-brings-im.html

Trolltech Congratulating KDE with version 4

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ca.us.biz.yahoo.com/bw/080111/20080111005385.html?.v=1