COLA Stats: Saturday the 12th of January, 2008.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 12th of January, 2008.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 07:41:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.26

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 1177 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     409 1495177     9%
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 88 1120193    11%
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   86   79678    58%
   4. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            66   66801    17%
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    47   30246    63%
   6. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        36   44718    66%
   7. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       35   49032    80%
   8. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      34   30819    66%
   9. Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>               28   33064    66%
  10. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              26   19394    51%
  11. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                 24   22931    71%
  12. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   22   56459    49%
  13. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               20  134934    12%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           20   21010    58%
  15. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          13    9698    74%
  16. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               12   17033    68%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   12   35019     4%
  18. Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                   11    6597    47%
  19. Fevric J Glandules <fevric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       10    6916    49%
      thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  10    8330    30%
  21. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee              9    9311    20%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        9   15832    66%
  23. snit - Ridiculous MAC Troll                        8   13877    73%
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                             8    5874    81%
      Ewik FUDenbusch                                    8    7955    57%
  26. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.    7   80006     6%
  27. Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      6    4228    69%
  28. Matt - Troll                                       5    4662    74%
      Paul Hovnanian P.E. <paulh@xxxxxxxxxx>             5    5190    76%
      Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                5   12903    90%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Bad idea: Gate's asstroturfers Pushes Idea of Wind       52   55796
   2. Mike: we know about it already .. :)                     43   30451
   3. Name for encumbered Linuxes?                             39   33413
   4. Linux on the Desktop...                                  30   35391
   5. Harsh Gentoo Reviewer Apologises                         28   35003
   6. [News] GNU/Linux PCs Cross New Barrier, Price Drop       26   24673
   7. SQL Injection Attack Infects Thousands of Websites       25   24879
   8. Gates on OLPC                                            22   44112
   9. Shit just quieted down                                   20   14414
  10. Apple's OSX crap compared to Linux                       19   23426
  11. [News] Microsoft Backpedals Back to Windows XP, Us       18   17561
  12. The battle is over.  Blu-ray has won!                    17   10304
      Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing prog       17    8909
  14. Why Vista is the Beginning of the End of Windows (       16   27274
  15. Vista is in trouble                                      15   16502
  16. Surprise...                                              14   20439
      Desktop Linux Usage Keeps Growing Steadily (and Qu       14   33651
      [News] Sony Claims Victory with Blu-Ray, 1.2 Milli       14   27088
  19. [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?         13   39346
  20. [OT] How long is a DVD supposed to last, anyway?         12   12230
      [News] [Rival] Convicted Monopoly Bribes for a Sta       12   26978
      Vista DRM blocking legal video downloads                 12   18647
      [Rival] Windows Vista = XP with Less Applications,       12   11626
      How great should Linux be?                               12    5795
  25. GNU/Linux Can Gain as Pre-Vista Windows Gets Depre       11   50884
      [Rival] Signs of Weakness in Vista: Microsoft Does       11   18594
      [News] Too Many Installers Myth Debunked, Another        11   17732
      The most hated company in the pc industry                11    9876
  29. OpenOffice to the rescue!                                10    9857
  30. Windows Vista Content Protection                          9   16355
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    141
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                49
   3. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           45
   4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  35
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   26
   6. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             24
   7. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     20
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              20
   9. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       18
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              18
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                18
  12. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        17
  13. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          9
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           9
  15. Fevric J Glandules <fevric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       8
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                   8
  17. jebblue <n@xxxxx>                                                 7
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          7
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       7
  20. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               6
      Ewik FUDenbusch                                                   6
  22. Steve Firth <%steve%@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                5
      thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  5
  24. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>              4
      jim <jim@xxxxxxxx>                                                4
      Hot Badger Deluxe <watercress@xxxxxxxxxxx>                        4
      Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                               4
      flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                             4
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                   4
  30. Bob Tennent <BobT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  3
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  6  18
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               3   3
   3. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                           1   8
      Rainer Weikusat <rweikusat@xxxxxxxxxxx>                       1 100
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             1   1
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    1   3
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    139
   2. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        87
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                81
   4. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           75
   5. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          74
   6. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              71
   7. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  70
   8. thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 68
   9. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         66
  10. Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  64
  11. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          63
  12. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   61
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       61
  14. Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              60
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      60
  16. Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    59
  17. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                58
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      58
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             58
  20. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         57
  21. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              56
  22. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           52
  23. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     50
  24. Fevric J Glandules <fevric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      40
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Hot Badger Deluxe <watercress@xxxxxxxxxxx>                        4
   2. August West <august@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                  3
   3. A Gnu World Order <agwo@xxxxxxx>                                  1
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           542
   2. slrn                                                            255
   3. Pan                                                             107
   4. Thunderbird                                                      91
   5. G2/1.0                                                           51
   6. Forte Agent                                                      38
   7. tin                                                              36
   8. 40tude_Dialog                                                    12
   9. Microsoft Outlook Express                                         9
  10. Microsoft-Entourage                                               8
  11. MacSOUP                                                           5
  12. MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2061                                     3
      Emas/Ecce                                                         3
  14. MicroPlanet Gravity v2.50                                         2
      MT-NewsWatcher                                                    2
  16. Unison                                                            1
      Gnus                                                              1
      MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067                                     1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      Xnews                                                             1
      Turnpike/6.06-U (<49KqcI00iHDLKsADu6CI8AA37u>)                    1
      ProNews/2                                                         1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 07:39:25 up 22 days,  5:15,  5 users,  load average: 0.90, 0.64, 0.59