[News] More Good News for Free Open Source Security

  • Subject: [News] More Good News for Free Open Source Security
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:46:41 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open-Source Tool To Catch Programming Bugs faster is on the horizon

,----[ Quote ]
| The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the University of
| Texas, Arlington and their scientists and mathematicians are at present
| working on an open source tool that will catch programming errors through the
| use of what is referred to as “"combinatorial testing”."
`----

http://www.informativepost.com/2008/01/10/Open-Source-Tool-To-Catch-Programming-Bugs-faster-is-on-the-horizon-166.htm

Open Source bug hunters make progress

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a story that probably got spun many ways, but the bottom line is good
| news for open source
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10007015o-2000469549b,00.htm

Related and recent:

11 open-source projects certified as secure

,----[ Quote ]
| Eleven projects made the list: Amanda, NTP, OpenPAM, OpenVPN, Overdose, Perl,
| PHP, Postfix, Python, Samba, and TCL.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10789_3-9843682-57.html

Open MPI Project Partners with Coverity to Accelerate Advanced Computing
Research

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS110788+08-Jan-2008+PRN20080108