Re: [News] Naspster Kicks the Dead DRM Horse, Offers Microsoft-Free Now

____/ [H]omer on Friday 11 January 2008 10:10 : \____

>> Napster moves to MP3-only music download format
>
> Ouch!
>
> (New) Napster was the Vole's Golden Child.
>
> HD-DVD *AND* Windows Media both toast in the same week. That's really
> gonna sting. It's gone from PlaysForSure® to NotSoSure® to NotAtAll®.
>
> Oh dear. :-D
>
> Tune in next month, when Oh-Oh-XML bites the dust.

That'll take a while longer. With existing implementations in place, even Apple
(maybe Novell too) will fight for it.

At the end of the day, ODF is certainly not going away. Even BECTAsoft
apparently wishes to adopt ODF and it told BSI to say "No" to OOXML, which it
did.

Yes, BECTAsoft! The day has only just begun and pig are flying out my window.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
Swap:  1510068k total,   654520k used,   855548k free,    54868k cached