Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:18:15 -0800 (PST), Ramon F Herrera wrote:

> On Jan 10, 11:39 pm, Erik Funkenbusch <e...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Here's a hint for you Roy:
>>
>> If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
>> own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
>> such.
>
> Here's a hint for you, Erik. When you *pay* Roy as you pay for the
> NYT, CNN, etc. then and only then you can make demands on him. When
> you *elect* Roy just like we elected Bush, etc. then and only then you
> can make demands on him.
>
> Why is it that you Windopes have such a hard time understanding the
> nature of Usenet?

I'm not asking him to do what he does.  But damnit, if he's going to do it,
he should at least *TRY* to be factual, ethical, and accurate.  Otherwise,
he's not an "advocate" of any kind, he's a nuisance.

He's the one that calls what he spouts "news".  He's the one that calls
himself a journalist.  If he wants to write opinion columns, fine by me.
He can say whatever he wants, but disguising his speculation as "news" is
nothing close to ethical.