[News] Torvalds Hates DRM (But Likes Tivoization)

  • Subject: [News] Torvalds Hates DRM (But Likes Tivoization)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:03:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Torvalds' Linux is ready to go green

,----[ Quote ]
| Torvalds also revealed he is glad to see the apparent demise of music
| protected by digital rights management (DRM). In an interview last year,
| Torvalds said he believed DRM was a "lot of hot air": a comment that he says
| has now been proved right.
|
| "I think I have been vindicated somewhat. DRM is so anti-consumer that I
| don't see it really ever taking off," said Torvalds.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Torvalds-Linux-is-ready-to-go-green/0,130061733,339285555,00.htm?feed=rss
http://tinyurl.com/3xz54d

Mind the bit about "retirement". Linux cannot die, unlike SCO.

Related:

Dual-Licensing Linux Kernel with GPL V2 and GPL V3

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/6/17/303