Re: [News] [Rival] Another Journalist Bribed by Microsoft for Good Publicity

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 30 January 2008 13:25 : \____

>> Going to OOXML great lengths
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| We landed directly at the Seattle-Tacoma airport to attend a press briefing
>>| by software giant Microsoft, in the nearby cities of Kirkland and Redmond.
>>|
>>| Why am I telling you this? Well, I'd like to think that Microsoft is going
>>| out of its way to reach out to technology journalists from the far corners
>>| of the world, to argue its case in what has become a very contentious issue
>>| in the IT industry.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| The Philippines is one of the countries that voted "no", which partly
>>| explains why we were invited to attend the press briefing.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.zdnetasia.com/blog/pinoypost/0,3800005677,63001918,00.htm
>>

> "Reach out" meaning, err, shut up?  I suspect a lot of Philipino
> journalists would be deeply disturbed if the Philipines vote were to
> change from the right and proper "no" to a "yes, we think an
> unimplementable standard should be approved by ISO so that Microsoft can
> con government purchasers into thinking they're getting something which
> is interoperable".

I'm still finding more of that stuff at the moment. Microsoft has amassed a
small army of "zombie journalists" (one of them told me he found this phrase
offensive because I'm sort of at war against that astroturfing now). Microsoft
is showing its true colours. Media control!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Reversi for free: http://othellomaster.com
Cpu(s): 24.8%us,  4.0%sy,  1.0%ni, 66.8%id,  3.0%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st