[News] Lots of Good News for Open Source Software (Batch)

  • Subject: [News] Lots of Good News for Open Source Software (Batch)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:41:59 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Projity Hits 200,000 Download Milestone with OpenProj

,----[ Qote ]
| In addition, OpenProj is available on Linux, Unix, Mac or Windows so users
| can choose their platform of choice. Projity is providing both SaaS and open
| source replacements, augmenting the alternative Office suites from Google,
| Sun, IBM and OpenOffice.org.
`----

http://www.pr-usa.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62048&Itemid=9

New Open Source WSO2 Mashup Server Combines Best of Web 2.0 and SOA to Enable
the Social Enterprise

,----[ Quote ]
| WSO2, the open source SOA company, announced today the launch of the WSO2
| Mashup Server 1.0. The open source Mashup Server...
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080128005470&newsLang=en

Open Source Funding Signals CMS Shakeup

,----[ Quote ]
| The other interesting one was Automattic, the company behind the popular
| WordPress blogging platform. If I'm a betting man, much of that $30 million
| infusion (Series B Round) will go to making the platform more appealing to
| the corporate set.
|
| Another company, Six Apart, has moved in that direction for some time,
| recently making a stronger push with its Movable Type 4.1 platform.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/01/open_source_fun.html

Black Duck Helps Open Source Integration

,----[ Quote ]
| Black Duck Software announced a software product called Code Center, designed
| to help companies more efficiently incorporate open source and third-party
| software components into their products. As more companies turn to open
| source as a software component, Code Center offers a structured procedure for
| software search, selection and approval.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/205920512

H-P is faking it again.

HP to power 'knowledge society' in India

,----[ Quote ]
| HP sees the knowledge area as perfect-fit for its DSpace Open Source
| platform,” Nick Wainwright, director of Content and Media program at HP
| laboratories told CyberMedia News.
|
| [...]
|
| "Open access of knowledge is possible only if repositories are made online,”
| he informed.
`----

http://www.chennaionline.com/technology/details.aspx?sectid=itnews&linkid=%2FNews%2FNews-Reports%2FHP-to-power-knowledge-society-in-India%2F28108103147%2F0%2F

They just dilute the term 'Open Source'.