[News] Popular Mechanics Magazine Recommends GNU/Linux to Readers

  • Subject: [News] Popular Mechanics Magazine Recommends GNU/Linux to Readers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:59:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MythBusters: 7 Tech Headaches—and How to Fix Them

,----[ Quote ]
| Most features can be set up as options. Why not start with a computer loaded
| with basic stuff that works 100 percent of the time? Then, give us the option
| of adding the bells and whistles. There's another solution available to
| consumers: Switch to a Linux-based OS such as Ubuntu. Since most Linux OSs
| are free, there's no business reason to bloat up the system with feature
| frills.
`----

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/upgrade/4243994.html?page=3

Related:

Win a Custom, Open-Source Mini Monster PC: Extreme Freebie

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/upgrade/4230937.html&&sm_filename=e:inetpubwwwpopmtechnologyupgrade4230937.htm