[News] More Linux Services Announced, Another Linux Migration

  • Subject: [News] More Linux Services Announced, Another Linux Migration
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 03:53:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Arxan Technologies Announces Linux Support for Desktop, Server and Embedded
Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| The high-quality performance, low cost and open-source nature of Linux has
| made it a mainstream platform for desktop- and server-based applications as
| well as software within embedded devices.
`----

http://www.pr-usa.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62370&Itemid=9

A Practitioner's Approach to IA-64 Linux Migration

,----[ Quote ]
| Although this project was meant to support IA-64 on Linux and HP-UX, we got
| things working on HP-UX/IA-64 and then reused most of that work to get
| Linux/IA-64 working. This approach was so successful that we needed just a
| 10% incremental effort to get the second combination working.
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/491415_p.htm

Related:

Who Needs Linux Support?

,----[ Quote ]
| "We see Linux use in businesses progressing to the level of in-house support.
| Typically, the use of Linux is incremental. When starting out, companies will
| rely on outside help. Then they will evaluate their in-house talent and
| adjust accordingly," Doug Small, director of marketing E-Mail Marketing
| Software - Free Trial. Click Here. for open source and Linux at HP, told
| LinuxInsider.
`----

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/Who-Needs-Linux-Support-60646.html

CSI: Open Source