[News] Nokia Buys Trolltech (and Embraces GPLv3 via Qt)

  • Subject: [News] Nokia Buys Trolltech (and Embraces GPLv3 via Qt)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:18:54 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Nokia to Acquire Trolltech to Accelerate Software Strategy

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia will offer NOK 16 per share in cash. The board of directors of
| Trolltech has unanimously recommended that its shareholders accept Nokia's
| Offer.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/UKM00728012008-1.htm

Related:

Trolltech to adopt GPL 3 for Qt

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech CEO Haavard Nord announced today at the KDE developer conference
| that the company's cross-platform open source Qt application development
| toolkit will be released under the GPL 3. This move, which comes shortly
| after the release of KDE 4.0 (watch for our review on Sunday night), will
| allow the open source desktop environment to adopt the new version of the
| GPL.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/01/18/trolltech-to-adopt-gpl-3-for-qt

ZTE Selects Trolltech’s Qtopia Phone Edition for U980 Smartphone Platform

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071217005247&newsLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/2mmd5d