Re: [News] IBM Discovers Great Interest in Desktop Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 25 January 2008 15:38 : \____

http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=hardware&articleId=9058900&taxonomyId=12&intsrc=kc_top

> Clearly, Microsoft's hold on large companies is losing its firm grip; so
> much so that IBM are able to announce that these requests have been
> coming by.  I think the last five years saw the short-sighted using
> Linux as a bargaining chip (like Newham Council in London), but now,
> we're likely to see the more visionary CIO types who recognise that the
> long-term savings of Linux on the desktop will massively outweigh any
> small or even large reduction in the Microsoft licence-tax for this
> year.

That's why Bill Gates claims to have retired. He'll play politics ("gentle
capitalism" bulls**t) to sway diplomats, CIOs and other high-figure people he
can corrupt. It's communism; okay, maybe more like fascism, but it's extreme
capitalism at best. There are recent examples too, such as Microsoft using
diplomats in Europe and the States to flip votes on OOXML. Bill Gates was part
of this whole fraud because he was caught making specific phonecalls (they
call it "lobbying", but it's really a case or making favours and promising
things).

Microsoft is excellent... at fraudulent activity. IBM is how much bigger in
terms of staff? Like 5 times? How come very few people out there complain
about IBM? And no, I don't mean that Microsoft partner in Europe, which is
currently filing antitrust by proxy (on behalf of Microsoft the criminal
litigator)...

Microsoft to IBM: Tolerate PSI Mainframes or Quit Europe

,----[ Quote ]
| If you think Microsoft has an aversion to Article 82 of the European Treaty,
| the anti-monopoly law that forced it to open some Windows server APIs and
| also to live with others' media players on desktops, think again. Microsoft
| is backing Platform Solutions (PSI) in an Article 82 action that could loosen
| IBM's grip on the mainframe. If PSI is given the keys to every glass house in
| Europe, Microsoft will be one of its principal guests. In fact, PSI could get
| more from IBM than it wanted when it first announced mainframe-compatible
| systems.Last November 27, PSI announced that it had raised more than $37
| million in additional capital, and that one of the companies in the deal was
| Microsoft. Other investors in PSI include Intel, Blueprint Ventures, Goldman
| Sachs, InterWest Partners, and InvestCorp.
`----

http://www.itjungle.com/big/big011508-story01.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
Mem:    515500k total,   444856k used,    70644k free,     2248k buffers