Re: [News] Microsoft's Hotmail Snubs Free Software, GNU/Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 25 January 2008 16:12 : \____

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/hotmail_doesnt_work_with_firefox_2

> Since anything up to 50% of people are using Firefox, Microsoft are
> essentially eliminating themselves from a massive potential userbase.
> Any normal company would never consider taking such short-sighted
> action.  Microsoft still seem to be chasing the "monopoly" dream, which
> I believe is now going to elude them forever.

They lose $billions in their online division, IIRC. Microsoft is hurting and
the financial figures are a case of bluffing. I'll post something about this
shortly.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | BadVista? I guess it makes Vista a dog.
 23:20:01 up 1 day,  9:14,  3 users,  load average: 0.63, 1.47, 1.79