Re: [News] WebCopier Ported to GNU/Linux, "Official Support" Myths Debunked

____/ [H]omer on Friday 25 January 2008 20:23 : \____

>> WebCopier for Linux - Get a Copy of Your Favorite Websites and Browse
>> Them Offline at Any Time.
>
> Why not just use lftp or wget?

Or KGet with a front end? Well, that's because many people don't know about
them. They might be foolish enough to spend money on this. Did you know that
some people spend money on WinZip? *chuckle* Talk about snake oil...

The nature of software is such that it can be replicated for free. Real
businesses can capitalise on this attribute (big quantities make a userbase
large enough for support). Everything else is legacy and it will erode over
time. Watch how Sun tries to reinvent itself. Novell still struggles because
it pays royalties to Microsoft and it clings on to its past roots.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
Cpu(s): 26.1%us,  4.3%sy,  1.0%ni, 64.5%id,  3.8%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st