[News] FUDCon Raleigh 2008 Ends, Many Other Linux Events Ahead

  • Subject: [News] FUDCon Raleigh 2008 Ends, Many Other Linux Events Ahead
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 02:48:31 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
FUDCon highlights

,----[ Quote ]
| FUDCon Raleigh 2008 was a weekend of hacking, planning, discussions, coding,
| and general mirth. Over 200 members of the Fedora community were in
| attendance, and a tremendous amount of work was accomplished that will pay
| off in the Fedora 9 release.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/01/23/fudcon-highlights/

Upcoming Open-Source/Linux Events

,----[ Quote ]
| Running the first full weekend in February is the Southern California Linux
| Expo (SCALE), which is made up of expo booths and a variety of sessions
| relating to open-source and Linux over the course of three days. In addition,
| at SCALE 6x is also a series on Women In Open-Source, Open-Source Software In
| Education, and Open-Source Health-Care Solutions. Among the speakers for the
| main event are Jono Bacon, Ken Gilmer of Bug Labs, and Ken VanDine of GNOME.
| Phoronix is proud to be a media sponsor for this event and we'll be reporting
| from this event in Los Angeles. More information is available from the SCALE
| 6x website.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjMwMA

The number of people involved with Linus and Free software keeps growing.

Related and recent:

Put the Linux.conf.au Open Day on your calendar

,----[ Quote ]
| Previous Open Days have showcased some pretty impressive homebrew tech
| experiments and gadgets. Last year Australia got it's first hands on look at
| the OLPC computer at Open Day, and I heard that Linus Torvalds was spotted
| puttering around on an open source Segway - I don't think you can get any
| more nerdy if you tried.
`----

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/tips/2008/01/20/put_the_linuxconfau_open_day_o.html

2008 Associate Members Meeting

,----[ Quote ]
| Come join the Free Software Foundation leadership and staff for a day of
| presentations and conversations!
`----

http://www.archivum.info/info-fsf@xxxxxxx/2008-01/msg00000.html

First technology seminar is held