Re: [News] Lenovo to Enter Cheap Laptop (Probably with GNU/Linux) Market

____/ 7 on Thursday 24 January 2008 02:23 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Lenovo wants to launch a $250 laptop soon
>>
>> ,----[ Quoet ]
>> | At the Davos World Economic Forum, Lenovo's CEO Bill Amelio said: "There
>> | is a market for $200 PCs and $250 laptops. We think it's really close to
>> | be getting there. Over the next 18 months, you'll see some offers from
>> | Lenovo that are going to be able to get into that spot. There are 5
>> | billion people out there that don't have a computer."
>> `----
>>
>> http://digg.com/linux_unix/Lenovo_wants_to_launch_a_250_laptop_soon
>

> What the boss of Lenov is stating is that because of Micoshaft Corporation
> and its excessive activities (patent trolling, bribing officials, lobbying,
> and overcharging customers), the rest of the world of 5 billion people
> can't afford to purchase a PC.
>
> Government regulators should have broken up micoshaft years ago.
>
> Government regulators should mandate open source for all data storage
> and interchange, software, IT and procurement. Politicians have stark
> choice: bring the rest of humanity of 5 billion people
> into the IT age, or let them get fscked.

Computers become a commodity. Both Intel and Microsoft (The Groves-Gates Axis)
should be terrified, which they /are/, but they have to keep competitive by
lowering the price to complete. That's the great nature of real competition.
Sadly, these company's deprives many people of computing and widened the
digital divide so that they can live in bigger mansions.

At the moment, Intel takes a hit to crush AMD so that it can fix prices again.
Microsoft is dumping all across the world to fight Linux and FOSS (never mind
rewriting of laws to illegalise FOSS). At the same time, Microsoft
astroturfing goes on (huge number of incident revealed last year. Thank
goodness for killfiles. Even if a bull(y), let's call him Hadron, takes a shit
on some bullshit (let us call it 'flatfish'), it's still bullshit and I never
have to see it. Now, if only the bullshit-feedfest stopped...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"