Re: Schestowitz lying *again*

____/ Linonut on Tuesday 22 January 2008 22:28 : \____

> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> The headline you picked for your post about Ed Burnette's suggestion to
>> Linus:
>>
>>    [News] Ed Burnette Calls for Linus Torvalds to Embrace GPLv3
>>
>> And here is what Burnette actually wrote:
>>
>> ==== begin quote ====
>> Dear Linus,
>> Like you, I’m pragmatic, not dogmatic. I believe software wants to be
>> used and shared, but licensing issues keep getting in the way. As an
>> industry, we’re making this way too hard on ourselves. We’re wasting our
> Dude, clean up your character set!
>
>>    <http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=512>
>>
>> Why do you keep lying in your headlines?  Do you think people won't go
>> read the stories and catch you?
>
> Obviously not, Tim.  So why do you then assume it is lie, rather than a
> mistake due to a too-quick reading?

Yes, I read the first few paragraph and also remembered how he previously
defended GPLv3 against myths. I didn't read this carefully. Ed E-mailed me a
couple of times asking for a correction, which I'll make.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
Cpu(s): 23.7%us,  3.9%sy,  1.0%ni, 67.6%id,  3.3%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st