Re: Challenges of new UbuntuPC

chrisv© <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ubuntu out of the box can't even play MP3 files and it recommends all kinds
> of shitty applications like Amarok, open office a.s.o., don't you think so
> bro?

Yes, I tried to play an MP3 from a brand new Ubuntu install.  It popped
up a window saying the software was not installed but asked if I would
like it to download and install it.  Faced with that big confusing 'Yes'
button, I was overcome with panic, ran about the room screaming, and
eventually threw my computer out the window.  It fell three stories and
struck my building superintendent, who eventually sued me for a
substantial sum.  I was also evicted from my apartment as a result.
It was a very stressful and expensive ordeal.  I'll never again doubt
the Windows advocates again when they warn me about how difficult and
expensive Linux is.  ;)

Thad

P.S. Please don't ask me about my reaction to Vista security pop-ups.
The court case is still pending.  >;)
all the ingredients on the label.