[News] [SOT] RIAA Propaganda War is Over, Site Emptied

  • Subject: [News] [SOT] RIAA Propaganda War is Over, Site Emptied
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 04:44:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
RIAA Website Wiped Clean by “Hackers”

,----[ Quote ]
| Apparently the RIAA is so busy suing consumers that they forgot to hire a
| decent programmer. With a simple SQL injection, all their propaganda has been
| successfully wiped from the site.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/riaa-website-hacked-080120/

Related:

Lessig: Required Reading: the next 10 years

,----[ Quote ]
| Yet governments continue to push ahead with this idiot idea -- both Britain
| and Japan for example are considering extending existing terms. Why?
|
| The answer is a kind of corruption of the political process. Or better,
| a "corruption" of the political process. I don't mean corruption in the
| simple sense of bribery. I mean "corruption" in the sense that the
| system is so queered by the influence of money that it can't even get
| an issue as simple and clear as term extension right.
`----

http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/003800.shtml#003800

RIAA, MPAA urge pro-copyright vows from presidential candidates

,----[ Quote ]
| One question, for instance, asks: "How would you promote the progress of
| science and creativity, as enumerated in the U.S. Constitution, by upholding
| and strengthening copyright law and preventing its diminishment?"
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9821141-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Conspiracy Against Shareaza and Open Letter to the Recording Industry

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/conspiracy-against-shareaza-and-open-letter-to-the-recording-industry-080102/