Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista SP1 Blocks Backup of Your Own Movies?

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 20 January 2008 19:14 : \____

>> | Stripping DVD copy protection (CSS) from a DVD is illegal
>
> In America. Not in my country, thankfully.

You must have not heard. It seems like just a matter of time. France, which
seems to be headed by a Microsoft 'insider' (based on deeds and
relationships), has already adopted such laws and the same goes for ISP "cut
the air supply" approach, which is apparently coming to the UK. They take one
small step at a time. It wasn't long ago that Gates tried to corrupt Russian
diplomats for similar laws... he also works with Groves' scummy 800lb gorilla
to eliminate Russia's migration to Linux (ALT Linux at schools and Mandriva in
government). If you look ahead, there's more than just software patents to
worry about. As Microsoft itself has said, "human greed known no bounds."
Well, we ought to wake up soon and also inform others. If you think that the
UK is safe in Brown's hand (from a digital POV), forget about it.

Microsoft loves competition.
"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
everything it touches."

                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO