[News] Fireox Integration with the Desktop More Evident

Firefox developers shrink desktop apps

,----[ Quote ]
| ONE OF THE DRIVING forces behind the development of FireFox is shorely the
| developer crowd and its never-ending ability to write new add-ons for the
| browser contender.
|
| [...]
|
| It would also give users a bit more control over what they have (or haven’t)
| installed on their smallish SSD drives. With everyone jumping on the UMPC
| bandwagon, there are plenty of places for the the ferret to go.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/10/firefox-developers-shrink

11 Powerful Firefox 3 Add-ons That Can Replace Standalone Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox add-on developers have created some impressive applications that can
| replace larger, bloated programs.
`----

http://www.jasonbartholme.com/11-powerful-firefox-3-add-ons-that-can-replace-standalone-applications/

Prism: bringing web applications to the desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Are you still using a web browser to access your favourite online
| applications? Why not do things the easy way, and make those applications
| part of your desktop with Prism.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/prism_bringing_web_applications_to_the_desktop
http://tinyurl.com/3pamaz

Related:

You've heard of KDE (the K Desktop Environment)? How about an MDE (hint:
M=Mozilla)

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm a total beliver in the idea of a BBDE (browser-based desktop
| environment) and I think the slashdot entry hits the nail precisely
| on the head; the most difficult cat to skin in making a BBDE a
| reality is the persistence mechanism.  I'd also add to that the
| notion of mobility. True viability of any BBDE will depend on its
| ability to survive the rigors of mobile use. Translated, you have
| to be able to keep your data (and applications) on something like
| a USB-key and your data and apps have to be accessible as though
| you are online, even though you may be off-line.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=386

Mozilla's Prism to bring Web apps to desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla now has prototypes of Prism running on Windows with early versions on
| Mac and Linux under way.
|
| Future versions include offline access to information with Firefox 3 and
| three-dimensional graphics.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9805103-7.html

Mozilla can live without Google's money, Baker says

,----[ Quote ]
| Thunderbird spin-off should find its own revenue, the Mozilla CEO adds
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9044160

Firefox 3 and Google team up for offline apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3 will be the first internet browser to offer offline web
| application support when it launches at the end of this year.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/118296/firefox-3-and-google-team-up-for-offline-apps.html

How Should Mozilla Execute Its Vision?

,----[ Quote ]