Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP Support Seems Dead

Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
> DFS wrote:
>> Homer wrote:
>>> Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:

>>> It's not dead, it was never even born to begin with.
>>>
>>> It turns out that XPSP3 was the culprit ... again.
>>>
>>> One thing this fiasco highlights yet again is that any updates to
>>> proprietary platforms are bound to cause utter chaos, due to the
>>> disparate nature of proprietary software that comes from many
>>> vendors, without much (or any) cross-vendor collaboration.
>>>
>>> This doesn't happen with GNU/Linux. Even though most of the
>>> software on any given GNU/Linux distro originates from an
>>> upstream third party, it is nonetheless built and tested on a
>>> single buildsystem by the vendor, and subsequently tested against
>>> the rest of the software in that tree. Therefore things like
>>> broken dependencies or conflicts never happen,
>>
>> LMAO!  You made a funny, [H]ypocrite!

Please provide proof of this supposed "hypocrisy" or shut the fuck up.

Read the context.

"Things like broken dependencies or conflicts never happen" ... as a
result of disparate sources and lack of collaboration.

>>> except where a maintainer has made a mistake in the build spec,
>>> and such things are picked up pretty quickly and corrected.
>>
>> And another one!!!

Please provide proof that build spec errors are not "picked up pretty
quickly and corrected" or shut the fuck up.

> Microsoft Evangelism philosophy:

Seems to be to denounce anyone who doesn't embrace Microsoft and their
Slopware as a "hypocrite", with no supporting evidence whatsoever.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
| armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
| neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
| technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams

 14:50:33 up 212 days, 11:26,  3 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.23, 0.24