Re: Interesting article on "Ancient History"

____/ Rex Ballard on Saturday 19 July 2008 14:51 : \____

http://www.ciol.com/News/News-Reports/Flavour-of-the-month-The-Williams-of-his-time/18708108117/0/

> [...]
> compatibility with Stacker, Causing Cyrix chips to overheat and melt
> using the well documented F00F bug, and lots of "back doors" that were
> protected by nondisclosure and court injunctions).
>
> Had he been the CEO of a $20 million company instead of a $400 Billion
> company when he tried these stunts,  Bill would have been doing time
> in federal prison for these stunts.  Had he owned only 5% of the
> company instead of 35% of the company, with over 50% controlled by
> Allen, Ballmer, and Gates, Gates would have been fired as a CEO and
> turned over to the SEC, the FTC, and the FBI for fraud, securities
> fraud (making deliberately misleading statements to defraud
> stockholders), Sabotage, Extortion, and RICO violations.
>
> Had he not established a stranglehold monopoly on the entire
> international information system, including the ability to access any
> information on any PC or disable access to any information from any
> PC, or even destroy any information on any PC, he wouldn't have been
> able to make "Settlements" by paying off in coupons for discounts on
> Windows and Office.
>
> Imagine if Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer walked into your board meeting,
> and said "I know what's on your computers", then started rattling off
> a few "hints" about the dirtly little personal secrets that most of us
> keep hidden on hour computers.  Then he threw down a contract,
> something you had already rejected 4-5 times, and said "I suggest that
> you sign it now, so that I can forget all about you".  How many board
> members would be willing to have those private e-mails, notes, browser
> histories, speculative online trades, and other personal information
> splattered on the front page news.
>
> A few top people did call the bluff and paid the price:
> Enron
> WorldCom
> HP
> IBM
> Corel
> AIG
> Merril Lynch
> Martha Stewart
> Imclone
> Bill Clinton
> George W Bush
> George HW Bush
> ... the list goes on and on.
>
> All of these are cases where information was somehow obtained from a
> PC and then "leaked" to the press, usually via public BBS forums such
> as the MSNBC forums.  In some cases, the leaks triggered "just cause"
> for warrants and regulatory investigations.
>
> | Gates was able to borrow and integrate others innovations, it is
> said,
> (aka Embrace and Extend aka Steal, or purchase from 3rd rate pirate)
> | and sell them to a new market with smartness.
> (aka force-feed them through the OEM distribution channel while
> excluding competitors aka
>  bundle it as shovelware).
> </quote>
>
> Like I said, the article was very cheritable.

I tried to fetch cache (
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:http%3A//www.ciol.com/News/News-Reports/Flavour-of-the-month-The-Williams-of-his-time/18708108117/0/ ),
but it's too new. Where is the stuff enclosed within <quote>s? Either way, the
press has been disastrous with it glorification of criminals. It's like some
sort of Stalin 'press' where rich/powerful=nice/charitable.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's