[News] Demonstration of Audio/Visual Synthesis in Linux

Audio/Visual Synthesis: The New Arts, Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| In this second part of my survey I focus on the tools that achieve this new
| synthesis of arts. Alas, due to space constraints I am unable to include all
| the software I would like to have reviewed, but perhaps a future article will
| deal with those programs. Meanwhile, I present to my readers these brief
| profiles of Pd, Fluxus, and AVSynthesis. Each of these programs takes a
| different approach to the practical concerns of blending images (moving or
| still) with sound (realtime or recorded).
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/audiovisual-synthesis-new-arts-part-2

Recent:

Audio/Visual Synthesis For Linux: The New Art, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| As mentioned above, my focus has been on software intended for creative
| artists, with an emphasis on realtime or near-realtime processing
| capabilities. I have purposefully ignored Cinelerra, Blender, and other
| similar applications that are better understood as video sequence editors and
| compositors, though they share some of the tools and techniques of the
| software I'll profile in the next part of this article. Until then, hasta la
| vista (y la sonida) !
|
| [...]
|
| As mentioned above, my focus has been on software intended for creative
| artists, with an emphasis on realtime or near-realtime processing
| capabilities. I have purposefully ignored Cinelerra, Blender, and other
| similar applications that are better understood as video sequence editors and
| compositors, though they share some of the tools and techniques of the
| software I'll profile in the next part of this article. Until then, hasta la
| vista (y la sonida) !
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/audiovisual-synthesis-linux-new-art-part-1

Five of the Best Linux Audio Players