[News] [Rival] Web too Dangerous for Windows, Everyone is Now "Terrorist"

San Francisco's Web Site Found Serving Malware

,----[ Quote ]
| A security vendor, Finjan, reported Wednesday that the city's Web site was
| one of over 1,000 sites treating visitors to malicious code.
|
| Other sites caught up in this latest round of Web attacks include uci.edu
| (the University of California at Irvine's site); Snapple.com; a site
| registered to the Marysville, California's police department; an ad
| network--atdmt.com--acquired by Microsoft; and several international sites.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=19&entry_id=28215

Major Sites Fall Victim to Web Hijack

,----[ Quote ]
| As with a previous SQL injection round I wrote about in May, you can check to
| see if your site has been infected by running a Google search.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/blogs/larkin_on_the_web/148503/major_sites_fall_victim_to_web_hijack.html

Romainian Authorities Arrest Cybercrime Suspects

,----[ Quote ]
| Authorities have arrested more than 20 people in Romania who are suspected of
| running online fraud schemes, according to media reports.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/148519/romainian_authorities_arrest_cybercrime_suspects.html

How many Windows PCs does the US government spy on using the back doors from
Microsoft (shelling out $300 to turn your fine hardware into the property of
spies overseas)? One has to wonder...

Congratulations to our Millionth Terrorist!

,----[ Quote ]
| The U.S terrorist watch list has hit one million names. I sure hope we're
| giving our millionth terrorist a prize of some sort.
`----

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/07/congratulations.html

What qualifies as a 'terrorist'? So the US government is fully authorized to do
the PC equivalent of a surgical examination of over a million PCs. In the name
of 'the war on terrorism'... those who are probed are not even aware of it.
Ripe for abuse, surely to be misused.

Another reason to bury Windows and an explanation for cybercrime, which takes
advantage of back doors (so does the FBI).

Related:

FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9747666-7.html