Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
<brick_n_straw@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400
<112gurw8i2nhe$.1kapjbjey01l6$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
>>
>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
>> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
>> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
>>

> But........
>
> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
> 4.x?

There is plenty wrong with KDE 4.0.  For starters, it looks nothing at
all like Gnome, and the set-points of the GUI configuration do not
overlap 100%.

> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?

Not at all.  One can merely go back to Windows Vista,
which is now stable.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  Because Windows' Blue Screen Of Death is just
way too frightening to novice users.