[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest Botnet, SPAM, and Malware Galore

Homer Simpson and the Kimya Botnet

,----[ Quote ]
| Worse, your PC is deposited into a Botnet of Turkish origin - here's the
| giveaway traffic stream via an Ethereal log...
`----

http://blog.spywareguide.com/2008/07/who-hacked-homer.html

2012 Internet spam spreading malware

,----[ Quote ]
| Is there an email sitting in your inbox with a subject line predicting the
| death of the Internet in 2012? If so, beware: the file attached to it
| probably contains malware.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/19428/1054/

Oldie:

Of blogging and unemployment

,----[ Quote ]
| It seems that my post is seen by Microsoft Security as being a security
| violation. The picture itself might have been permissible, but because I also
| mentioned that I worked at the MSCopy print shop, and which building it was
| in, it pushed me over the line. Merely removing the post was also not an
| option — I offered, and my manager said that he had asked the same thing —
| but the only option afforded me was to collect any personal belongings I had
| at my workstation and be escorted out the door. They were at least kind
| enough to let me be escorted out by one of my co-workers, rather than sending
| security over to usher me out, but the end result is the same.
|
| [...]
|
| So, I’m unemployed. I am somewhat lucky in that I’m not technically
| unemployed — I am still on the roster for my temp agency, who has been
| very good to me so far (and hopefully will continue to be), but as their
| ability to place me anywhere does depend on the current job market, it’s
| not a foolproof guarantee of employment coming in quickly. I’ve put a
| call into them and let them know of the situation and that I’m available
| and willing for whatever can be found, so with any luck, they’ll be able
| to find a placement for me. However, it appears that it’s also time for
| me to start hitting the streets and shopping my resume around again.
`----

http://www.michaelhanscom.com/eclecticism/2003/10/27/of-blogging-and-unemployment

"If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good."

                --Bill Gates, Microsoft

Recent:

Bots rule in cyberspace

,----[ Quote ]
| USA TODAY REPORTS that on an average day, 40 per cent of the 800 million
| computers connected to the Internet are bots used to send out spam, viruses
| and to mine for sensitive personal data.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/17/bots-rule-cyberspace

Botnets Running Rampant

,----[ Quote ]