Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 12th of July, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 12th of July, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 07:40:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 697 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     327 1043974     2%
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         61   87752    23%
   3. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   38   85837    51%
   4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   35   25947    50%
   5. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            32   63485    78%
   6. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   30  160223    13%
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    23   10309    39%
   8. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        21   20223    47%
   9. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>              15   40000    31%
  10. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           11   10299    50%
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@   11   16182    87%
  12. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            10   12462    81%
  13. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                7    8093    72%
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           7    4262    51%
      thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                    7    2353    45%
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      7    8446    64%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        7    5708    64%
  18. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      6    5944    46%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           6    5040    53%
  20. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  5   11599    45%
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                        5    4162    63%
  22. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>       4    5776    44%
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                      4   21421     7%
  24. alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                        3    3758    54%
      jebblue <n@xxxxx>                                  3     912    52%
      jessedorland@xxxxxxxxxxx                           3    3730    48%
  27. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       2    1682    75%
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>               2    2004     9%
  29. naresh <bishnoink@xxxxxxxxx>                       1     786     0%
      Steve Carroll - CSMA Refugee                       1    9179    13%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bum       19   21126
   2. "Microsoft gags UK schools"                              18   14291
   3. A Problem and its Solution -- Microsoft style            16   20377
      When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?           16    9143
   5. Vista experience                                         15   12519
   6. The "right" to "own" knowledge                           14   66363
      More MS slopware                                         14   11671
   8. [News] [Rival] Botnet King Gates Loses to His Wind       13   16300
   9. [News] [SOT] HOWTO: Pass New Laws (Lows)                 12   30783
      Best Buy Customer reviews of Ubuntu                      12   29328
  11. The Summer Olympic W3C Validator Games                    9    9254
  12. [News] [Rival] Yahoo Shoots Accusations at Ballmer        8    9150
  13. [OT] Bush surveys damage caused by ...                    7   11390
      CNET Does Very Weird Advocacy, GNU/Linux Rebuts           7   18761
      [News] Microsoft's Co-founder "Leaves Microsoft So        7    3487
  16. Windwoes                                                  6    3942
      An advantage of open source                               6    4659
      [News] OpenMoko Already Sold Out                          6    5265
  19. Whoosh!                                                   5    2844
      Microsoft's obsession with Linux's market share.          5    6170
      [News] [Rival] Latest iPhone Cracked                      5   11264
      [News] RMS Responds to Media's Gates Obssession an        5   20423
      4th of July - Linux Independence Day (Corrected)          5    4661
      Why people "choose" Windows                               5    5699
      The Vienna migration mayhem -- why?                       5    2033
  26. OSS at its best: Drupal CMS                               4   17295
      Linux for housewives. XP for geeks.                       4    4450
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries Dumping to Stifle S        4   12358
      [News] Firefox a Record Holder, More Than Just a W        4    6849
      [News] What Happens After Switching People to GNU/        4    4808
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     38
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        29
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  20
   4. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         19
   5. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             13
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    7
   7. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        6
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           6
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     6
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          6
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       6
  12. RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     5
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           5
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       5
  15. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      4
      thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                   4
  17. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      3
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            3
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>       3
  20. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       2
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     2
      jebblue <n@xxxxx>                                                 2
  24. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            1
      David Moyer - CSMA Refugee                                        1
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          1
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              1
      jessedorland@xxxxxxxxxxx                                          1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    146
   2. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          77
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        76
   4. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   69
   5. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       67
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             67
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         67
   8. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  66
   9. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          64
      thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  64
  11. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    63
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         63
  13. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           62
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         62
  15. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    60
  16. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      59
  17. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              58
  18. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           57
  19. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>      55
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           384
   2. Thunderbird                                                      94
   3. slrn                                                             75
   4. Pan                                                              59
   5. Forte Agent                                                      16
   6. Tandy Colour Computer 2/MickeyTerm Ver. 2.0                       9
   7. Xerox 820-II, Digital Research CP/M-80, ASCOM 0.9                 7
      tin                                                               7
   9. G2/1.0                                                            5
  10. MT-NewsWatcher                                                    2
  11. COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 07:40:25 up 204 days,  4:15,  3 users,  load average: 0.60, 0.32, 0.21